Seo 101

Do you need some professional help? Ask for paid help from an SEO here. Find a professional to do search engine optimization, link building and more.

Moderator: John55

Seo 101

Postby rajiv123 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:33 pm

hi xitex...welcome to the SEW Forums. There are going to be many different points of views regarding each of the questions you ask. If I was you I would spend more time researching the websites of some top SEO's/SEM's to get a feel for what is being offered. You could even (people will kill me for this one) act as a prospect and get a few proposals from some. You will find many of the top firms by looking at member lists of associations and organizations such as SEMPO. The majority of the sponsors of this very site are pretty good at what they do as well.

As for you questions, from our point of view (and of course I will be somewhat vague...I better not be getting a request for proposal from you next week )

1. Don't promise #1 rankings. If you could, you wouldn't need us. I would promise to clients to do the best job you can for them. Some clients will need a larger budget and more patience in order to eventually rank well across the major indices. let them know this from the get go.

2. price varies...see above

3. start with a benchmark report of rankings and hope that they get better each month (after a few). Linking reports and some sort of traffic analysis is also useful.

4. Use whatever statistics your clients will let you. many clients will require NDA's, so use what you can. Look for industry reports such as those offered by Jupiter and other research firms to help "make the sale."

5. etc

also...see this thread for some reasonable questions you should be prepared to answer. I would also recommend the Marketing Sherpa Guide to SEO firms, which is an outstanding tool to help you "size up" the competition, and also includes a remarkably thorough introduction. (and yes we are in that-I am not trying to self promote here, obviously- you are in essence going to be competition...the goal for me and many others in this forum is to try to ensure our industry as a whole has more "good eggs")

authorize.net gateway
legitimate home based business
rajiv123

Return to SEO Business